Meet the Sullivans: Mommy and Me Monday

September 2, 2013

Mommy and Me Monday

 

Hey, friends! I hope you're all have a great Monday holiday right now. I just wanted to pop in and share a picture of Owen and I from the beach this weekend. We went with Keith's brothers and sisters and their families (7 of Owen's cousins!) to the beach to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. We all had SO much fun! Owen was covered in sand (again) after spending most of the afternoon climbing around in the huge ditches his cousins were digging. He just loves them all so much and they love him. You can just tell by the way they look at each other. Sometimes I wish he had some cousins closer to his age to play with (his youngest cousin is in 4th grade), but then I remember how much love and attention (and protection and guidance!) he gets from them. He is just lucky to have great cousins, period. 

On a not so great beach related note, my camera lens is dead (insert "ugly cry face" emoji here). We went to the beach earlier this week and it was quite breezy. I kept my camera in the bag 90% of the time we were there (the other 10% was when I was taking photos), but the sand still found its way in. Luckily, I have a great warranty with Best Buy, but they said it would take 2 weeks to send it to Canon for it to be fixed. And we're going to Disneyland next week-- so obv that won't work. Instagram seriously saved me from spending the weekend crying in the bathroom, because I posted about my sad story and all my resourceful friends suggested www.borrowlenses.com, which I promptly checked out and will be renting a standard lens from for our trip. Crisis averted! 

And I'm linking this little post up with Emily and Leah today for Mommy and Me Monday!
My Everyday Love

5 comments:

Jen said...

Darling picture of you and Owen! And that background....amazing!! Can't wait to be in CA soon!! :))

Courtney said...

I didn't realize the sand could ruin your camera lens like that. I'd be a bawling, blubbering mess! Especially with Disney coming up so soon. I'm glad you were able to find a quick replacement! WHEW!

Tawnya Faust said...

I just found you through the mommy and me link up! Can't wait to read more :)

Tawnya @www.littlebabyscarlett.blogspot.com

Erica {let why lead} said...

Cute, cute picture, girl!

Sorry about the camera, but I'm glad you've got something that will work for DISNEYLAND! Have a fun time!

Emily said...

Love the pic!! So sorry about your camera!!! Glad you found a replacement. Thanks so much for linking up!