Anytime I slice open a lime the scent takes me back! It reminds me of an ice cold margarita, hot nights and barbeques with our friends! I love margaritas, but the sugary calorie filled store bought mixes make them much less desirable. So over the weekend I decided to try and perfect making my own mix.
This all natural homemade margarita mix uses only 4-ingredients + the addition of your favorite tequila.
INGREDIENTS makes one serving
- 1/4 c fresh lime juice
- 1/8 c fresh clementine juice
- 1/2 c cold water
- 1 1/2 shot tequila (or more if you're in the mood)
- 1/4 c agave nectar, or to taste
- extra limes and clementines, sliced (for garnish)
- Squeeze the lime and clementine juices into a cocktail shaker, add water, tequila, agave. Check to see that you like the balance of sweetness and tartness, and adjust it to your liking.
- Add 1-2 ice cubes and shake tequila mixture. Layer ice and sliced clementine and lime piece. Pour contents of cocktail shaker over your glass filled with ice.
This recipe I listed above is for just one cocktail, but this could be easily doubled. Although you'll have a lot of limes to squeeze. I use my Citrus Squeeze to juice the limes which makes the whole process much neater! No sneaky seeds slip by and my hands don't get as sticky. Don't try subbing the fresh limes with store bought lime juice, it just will not taste the same.
And a little peek from behind the scenes. This is what it really looks like when I'm trying to get a good shot. The light outside is best, and outside at our house there are lots and lots of toys. I thought you might get a kick out of this!
Now go make yourself one of these delicious margaritas! It's so simple!