1. Are an anti-inflammatory food.
2. Lower the risk of macular degeneration.
3. Are high in Vitamin C and are a rich source of Vitamin A and beta carotene.
4. Can help to alleviate nausea.
5. Help to aid in digestion.
6. Are a natural diuretic.
7. Help to strengthen bones.
8. Promote detoxification of the body naturally.
9. Help to maintain healthy teeth.
10. Help to ease sinusitis.
Now let's get to that delicious smoothie recipe I promised you!
This smoothie is perfect on a hot day as an afternoon treat! I think O thought it was a milkshake!
Creamy Pineapple Smoothie
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 banana, frozen
1 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut water
INSTRUCTIONSPurée all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Drink immediately or pour into popsicle molds and enjoy later as a popsicle!
My behind the scenes shot for this week is O trying to spray me with water at the sink while I made our smoothie!
What is your family's favorite fruit to add to smoothies?