I'm just over 12 weeks and our next sweet little one is due at the beginning of December!
Owen is so excited to have a sibling and if you ask him, he's really really really hoping it's a boy. Although, I'm sure he'll have lots of fun with "our baby", as he calls it, whether we have a boy or a girl.
He's already been doing his reading to prepare himself, and laying out some ground rules and making plans for when the baby comes, like:
- He'll hold the baby, and sometimes I can too.
- B, granny and his cousins are HIS and the baby has to find its own.
- The baby cannot play with his army men or Legos because it will choke (glad he's got that one down).
- He, the baby, mommy and daddy will all sleep in mommy & daddy's bed together.
- He'd really prefer if the baby were a big boy when it came out, and not a baby, and definitely not a girl. (going to have to work on explaining that one to him)
- When the baby comes we're all going to be a family! (that's one of the sweetest things he's told me)
We're all so grateful to be growing our family. This is something we've been hoping and praying for for quite some time. I had my second prenatal appointment this morning and everything is looking great! I'll be back with more details next week.