Meet the Sullivans: 10 on 10 : February 2016

February 11, 2016

10 on 10 : February 2016

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month! 

{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}
ten on ten button
Yesterday was the tenth of the month, so I tried to document our day by snapping ten photos to show what we were up to. This is Wednesday, February 10th, 2016!
The day started off pretty hectic! On Monday, Wednesday and Friday Owen has school at 8:45am, so we need to leave the house by 8:25am to be on time. On this day we also had the house cleaners coming which means we're shoving things in closets and drawers so they can do a good cleaning. I also had to remember to bring the snack we signed up to bring for the Valentine's Day party and then give a school tour.

After I dropped Owen off at his class I had ten minutes to grab a coffee before meeting the families coming to tour. Philz Coffee opened near school, so Luke and I swung through there and I inhaled a Larabar on the way back to school. The tour went great, and I hope all the families decide to apply to our wonderful school!

We finished up in time for Luke (still asleep!) and I to join Owen's class for their Valentine's Day party. There were heart shaped and pink everything!

Quick pic with my big boy on the way out to the car! His teacher told them to wait to open their Valentine's until later and I was proud of Owen for listening. He was in such a good and sweet mood after a great day at school. I love this kid! 

The tree in front of our house, and all the other ones in our neighborhood, are blooming! Another sign that spring is right around the corner. Although, some more rain here in California would be really great too.

Luke was STILL sleeping, so I made Owen and I a quick lunch. He had toast, pecans, cheese and melon. I had avocado toast with a fried egg and melon. Hit the spot! After lunch Owen opened his Valentine's from his classmates. He was very interested in who gave which Valentine and spent a good amount of time appreciating each one. It made me happy to see how much his friends' cards meant him!

Luke woke up in a great mood! We hung out and played in the living room. Owen has become increasingly better at playing independently while Luke and I watch him. I love listening to him make up scenarios with his toys while I nurse Luke. We also played around on "SnapCHAP", which is what Owen calls Snapchat. He loves the filters! My username is colleenpsulliv if you'd like to follow along!

Luke went down for another nap in the afternoon, but this time I swaddled him and had him sleep in his crib so he could get some solid rest. I let Owen watch a short movie (a Land Before Time spin off) so I could do some work on the computer writing acceptance letters for next year's Preschool class. Then we played play dough.

When Luke woke up we pulled out the paint to make some hand and foot prints for Valentine's Day cards for their grandma's. Owen LOVED getting to paint Luke's foot with red paint! Luke was easy going about the whole thing and just smiled at us. He's such a sweetheart!

Owen was feeling crafty after so he asked to do more painting. I convinced him watercolors would be more fun than regular paint so we could avoid a big mess and I could make dinner. I strapped Luke into the Ergo, but he only lasted 15 minutes in there.  I spent the rest of the witching hour bouncing back and forth between holding him, laying him on the play mat to play or strapping him into the Mamaroo so I could cook dinner. Dinner time is bananas here!

Wednesday was also Ash Wednesday (we missed our ashes this year), so we had fish taco bowls with sauteed cabbage. They were great and will be on regular rotation here! After dinner we played a little Eye Found It before bedtime for Owen. 

Bedtime is also bananas right now! I nursed Luke while Keith read to Owen, brushed teeth and got him in his pajamas. Then I handed Luke off to Keith so I could stay with Owen while he fell asleep. When I came downstairs Luke was still awake so the three of us hung out for a bit until Luke was sleepy enough for bed. This is our routine most nights. 

It was a busy busy day!

No comments: