I buy organic chicken whenever possible, and usually go out of my way to buy it at a good price, so I was thrilled to learn that our local Safeway is now selling Foster Farms Organic Chicken! I love that
Foster Farms Organic Chicken is:
- California grown, family-owned
- Free range
- Fed an organic vegetarian diet
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- American Humane Certified
- USDA Organic Certified
Rosemary Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
Prep time:Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary
1. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
2. In a 2 cup measuring cup, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
3. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
4. Heat the avocado oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Don't worry if the chicken isn't cooked completely, we'll finish it in the oven. Remove the chicken to a plate.
5. Reduce heat to medium, add the onions to the skillet along with the chicken broth mixture. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Let sauce reduce for about 8-10 minutes or until about ⅓ cup of the sauce remains.
6. When the sauce has thickened, remove from the flame, add the butter and whisk until it melts completely. With the skillet off the flame, add the heavy cream, whisk to combine. Place the skillet back over the flame for just 30 seconds, DO NOT allow the sauce to boil. Remove from heat, add the chicken back into the pan and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Place the skillet in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Top with chopped rosemary and serve warm with additional lemon slices.
recipe inspired by little spice jar.
I served ours with quinoa brown rice and roast broccoli! It was a huge hit with all of us! If you give it a try let me know what you think!
Also, Foster Farms will be demoing its line of Organic chicken at Bay Area Safeway stores on weekends from March 2 through May 8.And wouldn't it be nice to get your hands on some free ingredients to cook with? Well, you're in luck because today I'm giving away THREE $20 Safeway gift cards! Just use the widget below to enter! The winner will be announced Monday, February 29th!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post was sponsored by Foster Farms, but all opinions are my own.