This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleSchoolDays
Owen goes back to school in just a couple short weeks, so our family is gearing up for much busier mornings!
For most of the summer we tried to stay home in the mornings as much as we could before venturing out in the late morning. We loved this because it let Luke take his morning nap in the crib, let Owen play, and let me catch up on things around the house -- like prep dinner. The witching hour with our usually sweet 8 month-old makes dinner prep nearly impossible, so I try to either get started on dinner prep (chopping, mixing and measuring) in the morning while we're home, or make something fast and easy.
By Friday I am DONE with cooking and need a little break, so we try to do something quick and simple.
One of my favorite quick and easy dinners is throwing a frozen pizza in the oven and making a green salad to go along with it!
Want to make your dinner time a little simpler too? Make sure you enter the sweepstakes for a chance to win a $100 Safeway gift card! Maybe you'll want to make these...
BABY RUTH COOKIE BARS
1 box chewy brownie mix (+plus ingredients required)
1 bag peanut butter cookie mix (+plus ingredients required)
1 bag NESTLÉ® Fun Size BABY RUTH®, chopped
1. Preheat your oven according to package directions. The cookie mix and brownie mix I picked had different temperatures required, so I set my oven to a temperature in the middle.
2. While the oven preheats you can grease your 13x9 brownie pan, and set it aside. Then mix your brownies according to the directions on the box. Once you have your batter mixed, spread it out evenly in the grease brownie pan.
3. Now mix together your peanut butter cookie mix according to the package directions, and set aside.
4. Next unwrap all of the chocolate bars and chop up the Baby Ruth's. The unwrapping part is always Owen's job, and I have to pay him in chocolate, so we lost one or two along the way! Add the chopped candy bar to the cookie mix and mix until well blended. You'll probably want to use a hand, or stand mixer for this part!
Bake them for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean.
6. Once they are done baking, let them cool in the pan until they are completely cooled. Loosen the edges of the pan with a spatula before taking the bars out of the pan, and then cut them into squares. You will totally ENJOY these!
We sure did!